The Michelin Athletic Club is committed to protecting your personal information and being clear and transparent about what information we collect and how we will use it. This policy explains how any personal information we collect when you use our website, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
- Who we are and how we can be contacted
- About our Data Protection Officer
- Other policies you should read
- Information we collect from you
- Marketing communications
- Information we collect about you from other places
- Where we store your personal information
- Sharing your personal information
- International transfers
- How long with personal information be kept by us
- Your rights under data protection legislation
- What you can do if you're not happy
- About Data Security
1. Who we are and how we can be contacted
We are the Michelin Athletic Club (part of Michelin Tyre plc) ("MAC") and when you use our website and our services directly we act as a Data Controller.
If you need to contact us you have a number of options, you can:
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- send us a letter addressed to our office, Michelin Athletic Club, Rosetree Avenue, Stoke on Trent ST4 6NL; or
- by telephone on 01782 644504.
2. About our Data Protection Officer
While everyone at the MAC is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, we have a Data Protection Officer who deals with all aspect of personal data at the MAC. You can contact our Data Protection Officer by sending an email to email@example.com.
3. Other policies and information we encourage you to read
(a) Additional privacy policies
(b) Linked Platforms
(a) Additional privacy policies
(b) Linked platforms
4. Information we may collect from you
This section sets out:
- how we collect your personal information;
- the categories of data that we collect;
- a description of how we plan to use the information we collect;
- the legal basis that we will rely on to process information collected; and
- where possible, how long we will hold the information collected.
We may collect and hold the following information about you:
|Data collected||Purpose/Activity||Type of Data||Lawful basis for processing||Retention period|
|Information you give to us when you sign up for membership at the MAC or any of our services ("Membership Data").||This information is used to enable us to provide you with the services you have requested and to complete your membership.||We will ask you for your name, surname, e-mail address, phone number and any other information you provide in relation to your membership.||The legal basis for this processing is to fulfil the agreement between us and you in relation to your membership.||We retain Membership Data for as long as you are a member of the MAC and receive services for us. Unless required otherwise, Membership Data will be deleted no later than 3 years following cancellation or expiry of your membership.|
|Information you give to us when you enter a competition or promotion ("Promotion Data").||To enable us to send you further information about the promotion, competition or a prize (if you are the competition winner). Unless we state otherwise when we collect your information, we will only use this information for managing and administer the competitions or promotions.||Promotion Data might include, for example, your name and e-mail address.
If you win a prize we may request your full address to enable us to send you your prize
|The performance of an agreement between you and us to enter the competition or promotion.||Unless we specify a different retention period at the time of the promotion or competition, we will delete any data collected no later than 12 months after the end of the promotion or competition.|
|Information you provide us when you communicate with us, e.g. by email or contact us form via our websites "Communication Data"||This information is used to enable us to respond to or following up on your comments, queries or questions||Information may include your full name, your email address and other personal data you provide us to enable us to deal with your communication.||We will use our legitimate interests in the assisting you and answering your communications as the legal basis for processing Communication Data.||We will hold on to Communication Data for as long as it is necessary to enable us to deal with the matter relating to that communication. Once your matter has been dealt with, we will delete Communication Data within 36 months.|
When you provide us information (for example, the information set out in the scenarios above), in some cases we may ask you for additional, voluntary information. This information will be identified as optional and is used to help us better understand our customers and tailor our services to them and you.
We also collect and use aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data ("Aggregated Data"). Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal information but does not reveal your identity in any way. For example, we may aggregate your Usage and Device Data to calculate the percentage of our website users accessing a specific feature of our website. Aggregated Data is used for our own business purposes only.
Sensitive Personal Information
If you use or request certain services, for example our gym membership, we may ask for sensitive personal information relating to your health and fitness. We will provide you with further details at the time of collecting this information. Please read the information carefully.
5. Marketing Communications
We endeavour to provide you with individual choices around how we use your personal information, in particular when it comes to marketing to you.
You will only receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or if you have purchased goods or services from us and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
You can opt out of receiving marketing from the MAC at any time. There are a number of ways you can do this: (i) there is always an unsubscribe option at the bottom of each marketing communication we send to you; and (ii) you can also contact us by email or letter using any of the contact details set out in this notice.
We will generally send you marketing communications until you choose to unsubscribe from receiving them. However, if we have not heard from you for a while or notice that you have not opened our emails in a period of 24 months, we will remove your details from our database or ask you if you wish to continue to receive these communications.
6. Information we collect about you from other places
To enable us to provide you with our services, we may receive personal information about you from other sources, including:
- Information from our web servers' logs, for example information about your computer, such as your IP address, operating system and browser type ("Usage and Device Data"). This information is used by us for system administration and to analyse how people are using our website. It also helps us to provide the best infrastructure for your online experience. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests in monitoring and improving our website, products and services.
- Our website may enable you to share your experience and connect with us through third party social networks such as Facebook and Twitter. We may collect this information from our social media sites, including likes, shares and tweets, and about the content on social networking sites. We do not control the privacy of the information you provide on social media networks and the privacy policies of those social media networks will apply when using their services.
7. Where we store your personal information
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers within EEA. Unless you are told otherwise in any specific privacy notices provided by us, we do not transfer any personal information outside the EEA.
While we are committed to keeping your personal information secure, the transmission of information online via the internet is not completely secure. We, together with our service providers will do our best to protect your personal information but information provided is at your sole risk.
8. Sharing your personal information
We only share your personal data with people who have a need to know such information to perform their responsibilities. We may share your personal information with the following:
- Within the Michelin Group - we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries to the extent necessary for the same purposes of the initial processing set out in this policy.
- Business partners and instructors - if you contact us in any way to register for a fitness class or event or to find out further information, we may disclose you information to the relevant business partners or instructors to enable us to deal with your request effectively.
- Service Providers - the MAC may share your personal information with select service providers that the MAC may use to process your request or provide its services to you. These service providers act as data processors on our behalf and provide IT and system administration services, such as hosting services, card payment services and email services.
- These service providers are legally obligated to keep the personal information they may have received confidential and secure and to use your personal information the basis of our instructions only.
We may also share your personal information with third parties:
- In the event that we sell or transfer any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective purchaser or recipient of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Michelin Group, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- In order to manage risks and legal disputes and obtaining professional legal advice. This disclosure will be on a confidential basis and only to our professional advisors who are under a duty of confidentiality.
9. International Transfers of Personal Data
The MAC is part of an international group with databases in the various countries in which it operates. The MAC may transfer your personal data within the group to one of its databases or to its external partners located outside of your home country.
As levels of data protection vary worldwide, we do not transmit your personal data to Michelin Group companies or to third-party companies outside of the EEA unless these companies offer the same or similar level of personal data protection as the Michelin Group.
For transfers within the Michelin Group, the company has adopted internal rules governing the transfer of personal data from the European Union or European Economic Area. A copy of these rule are available on request.
Whenever there is a transfer of personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to that personal data by ensuring that safeguards are implemented, for example that a country has been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission or where the EU-US Privacy Shield is applicable for transfers to the US.
10. How long will personal information be kept by us
As a rule, we will not hold your personal information for any purpose or purposes for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collect it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. For more specific retention periods, please see section 4 above. While we do everything we can to comply with these retention periods, if there is a legal, accounting or tax reason why the information is to be held for longer, we will only retain the information for as long as necessary to satisfy that legal, accounting or tax reason.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
11. Your rights under data protection legislation
Data protection legislation provides you with certain rights when it comes to the processing of your information. These are the right to:
(a) be informed
(b) access your information
(c) correct your information
(d) delete your information
(e) restrict processing
(f) transfer information
(g) object to processing
(a) The right to be informed
You have the right to be informed about how we collect and process your personal information, including who we are, how we use your personal information and your rights in relation to your personal information. We have gathered all the information you need in this privacy notice.
(b) The right of access your information
You have the right to access the personal information we have on you. We can confirm whether or not your information is being processed and provide you with access to your personal information.
(c) The right to correct your information
(d) The right to delete your information
You have the right to request the deletion or removal of your personal. There are limited circumstances in which you can request deletion of you information, these include, where the information is no longer necessary for the purpose for which we originally collected or processed it and where you have withdrawn your consent to the processing by us.
If you would like further information on your right to deletion, please just ask.
(e) The right to restrict processing
In some circumstances, you also have the right to restrict or suppress the processing of your personal information. If you request us to suppress your personal information, we will suspend any further processing of it.
(f) The right to transfer information
If you want to move or transfer your personal information to a different service provider or copy your information for your own purposes, you have the right to have your information transferred to another person.
(g) The right to object
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
12. What can you do if you're not happy
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. However, if you're not happy with how we collect or process your information or just want some further information on your rights, you can contact us in the following ways:
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- send us a letter addressed to the Data Protection Officer, Michelin Athletic Club, Rosetree Avenue, Stoke on Trent ST4 6NL
We will work with you to resolve any issues you may have and aim to answer any question raised by you as soon as possible. You can also make a complaint to the ICO - further information can be found at www.ico.org.uk/concerns/.
13. About Data Security
The MAC has implemented measures to protect the privacy, security and integrity of your personal data. Access to personal data is restricted to those employees and service providers who need to know this information and who have been trained to comply with rules on confidentiality.
The MAC ensures that your personal data are not altered, damaged or accessed by unauthorised third parties.
We may change our policy from time to time. Any changes we make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page. If we have you email address, we may notify you of any changes by email.