News and Events
Covid Up-date 26/07/21
Posted on 26th July 2021
The safety of you and our staff is our number 1 priority, so we’re taking cautious steps in getting back closer to normality. As such, we will be retaining most of the Covid Secure measures we currently have in place……..
You will still be required to wear a face mask and to maintain social distancing whilst in general circulation in the Club, but you will be able to remove it whilst participating in exercise or seated in the bar. We also ask you all to continue to sanitise equipment before and after use and to sanitise your hands regularly. Please book your sessions online and to pay using contactless methods where possible. If you’re unable to do this, we can book your session for you at reception.
Please continue to ask yourselves these 3 questions before coming to the Club and if the answer is YES to any of them, please do NOT attend;
1 – Have you travelled abroad and are you currently in a 10-day quarantine imposed by the UK Government?
2 – Have you had recent contact or exposure to a suspected or positive COVID 19 case within your household, social bubble etc or been contacted by NHS Test and Trace (Resulting in household quarantine)?
3 – Have you got Flu like symptoms, which describe COVID 19 symptoms that are continual, different to your normal health and have been guided to the process for reporting them via NHS 111 and UK GOV
Up-date Summary ;
- The bar has re-opened Monday to Thursday in the evening
- All indoor sports, e.g. 5-a-side football have resumed
- We will be returning most of the gym equipment that has been out of service back into operation however, we will keep the maximum number of people permitted in the gym at the same level as today. This will help to maintain the air quality and give everyone plenty of room to move around safely.
- As the infection rates are still high, the showers will continue to be out of service in the short term. The situation is being regularly reviewed.
- We’re aiming to re-open the changing rooms with over the next few days.
Our current opening hours are;
- Monday 06:30 – 22:00
- Tuesday 06:30 – 22:00
- Wednesday 06:30 – 21:00
- Thursday 06:30 – 22:00
- Friday 06:30 – 21:00
- Saturday 07:30 – 18:00
- Sunday 08:30 – 17:00
Thanks for your ongoing support.….
Up-dated Tier 3 Squash Guidance
Posted on 4th December 2020
One to one coaching is now permitted. If you are intending to carry out one to one coaching, please ensure that you bring proof with you to the Club showing that you are a qualified squash coach. You will be asked to provide proof on arrival and to confirm that you are carrying out one to one coaching. If you unable to provide proof and to confirm that you are coaching in a one to one capacity, unfortunately, we will be unable to allow you access.
Badminton & Squash - Tier 3 Restrictions
Posted on 2nd December 2020
Tier 3 Alert Level – Squash & Badminton
Whilst we’re in the tier 3 alert level, please only book to play squash or badminton if you are playing as part of the same household or support bubble.
What a support bubble is
A support bubble is a close support network between a household with only one adult or a household with one adult and one or more people who were under the age of 18 on 12 June 2020 in the home (known as a single-adult household) and one other household of any size.
This is called making a ‘support bubble’.
Once you’re in a support bubble, you can think of yourself as being in a single household with people from the other household. It means you can have close contact with that household as if they were members of your own household.
Once you make a support bubble, you cannot change who is in your bubble.
MAC Re-opening 02/12/2020
Posted on 27th November 2020
We’re really pleased to confirm that the MAC will re-open from 06:30 on Wednesday 2nd December.
The Club will open initially under Tier 3 Alert Level Restrictions. As we move through the different tiers, each activity will be impacted upon in different ways. We’ll post up-dates on our Facebook page and our website to keep you updated as to what this means for your sport.
Understanding and Understanding…
We will try to make it as clear as possible for you to understand what the restrictions mean for you in each tier level for the sport you play or the activity you do. We ask you to take time to understand what this means for you, and to only make a booking and attend the Club if you can do so, in-line with the appropriate restrictions in place at the time.
We need to make sure that we’re complying with the guidelines to keep both you, other Club members/users and our staff safe. As such, depending upon the Tier level and associated restrictions, we may ask you when you enter the Club, to confirm that you are playing your sport as a household or support bubble. We appreciate that keeping track of what the implications are for each sport can be tricky and as such, we ask for your understanding if we are unable allow you access because we believe that allowing you to play would breach the latest Government restrictions.
OK, so what will be open from the 2nd December under Tier 3 restrictions?
The activities that will be open are;
- Gym: Permitted to OPEN
- Squash: ONLY permitted for players from the same household or bubble.
- Badminton: ONLY permitted for players from the same household or bubble.
- Direct Debits: You don’t need to do anything. We deferred the latest payment that was due by one month. So, if you had a payment taken in November, a further payment won’t be taken until January.
- Annual Club Memberships and Pre-paid Gym Activity Package: We’ll extend these by the same amount of time we were closed, meaning that you’ll be able to pick up where you left off.
- Squash & Badminton Court Bookings: Any bookings that were made in advance which would have taken place during lockdown, have been cancelled and refunded to your account.
If you have any questions, please contact us at MAC.email@example.com or, from the 2nd December you will be able to get in touch by calling 01782 644504.
We’re looking forward to seeing you all again soon!
Covid 19 Secure - We all have a part to play
Posted on 28th July 2020
Hi Guys, we can’t wait to see you all again!
In order for us to open up again and to ensure everyone is safe we all have a part to play.
Some of the things we’ve done include;
- Followed government guidelines to make the facility Covid 19 secure for our staff and members.
- Completed a full Covid 19 risk assessment.
- Introduced a new online booking system.
- Increased the staff cleaning and sanitisation schedule.
- Installed additional sanitisation stations for members to use.
- Re-positioned the gym equipment.
- Implemented social distancing measures including, floor markings, zonal systems, posters and foot traffic systems.
- Installed multiple hand sanitiser dispensers.
- Installed foot-pulls and electronic door retainers on the doors and wedged doors open where possible to reduce touch points.
- Posted information regarding revised ways to play.
- Disabled hand drier and installed paper towel dispensers.
- Replaced all bins with touch free pedal bins.
What we need you to do
- Before EVERY visit to the Club, you need to self-assess and ask yourself the following 3 questions;
- Have you, in the last 14 days, been in an area identified by the UK Government as a Coronavirus risk?
- Is there a suspected case of Coronavirus in your family or immediate social circle?
- Do you have cold or flu-like symptoms?
If the answer if YES to ANY of the above questions, please do not come to the Club.
- Book in advance online (we are unable to allow entry to anyone who hasn’t pre-booked).
- Sanitise your hands up-on each entry to the Club and ensure that you wash/ sanitise your hands regularly.
- Follow social distancing rules.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, do so into a tissue and then dispose of this in a bin. If you do not have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- You MUST clean equipment BEFORE and AFTER use.
- Arrive at the facility in sports kit and travel home to change/shower.
- Don’t arrive too early (5 mins maximum) for your booked slot to ensure the number of people onsite are reduced. If you do arrive early, please wait in your car.
- Avoid use of shared objects e.g. towels, robes, balls, weights, rackets, balls, scoring equipment, sports clothing unless they can be cleaned or sanitised between users. Where any equipment has been shared, it MUST be sanitised before and after use by the user.
- Water fountain - Face-to-tap drinking (no receptacle) is prohibited. These facilities are used only to refill personal bottles or containers. Please sanitise the tap BEFORE & AFTER use.
- Playing Sport: If social distancing cannot be guaranteed when playing sports, the normal game of should not be played by players from different households (except those from a support bubble). A clear set of recommendations for permitted sports and for ways to play which provide options for getting players safely back whilst maintaining social distancing is available within the Club and on social media. This content is subject to change as the situation evolves.
- Respect your time slot (start and finish on time)
- Enjoy your session! It’s great to have you back!
- No guests allowed in the gym
- No spectators will be allowed
- Guests are only permitted for Squash and Badminton and must be accompanied by a member
- Guest Fee – please ensure that you bring the correct change (£1). We will not be able to issue change. If guests do not have the correct payment, we will be unable to allow entry.
We look forward to seeing you all again soon and welcome back, from the Team at the MAC!