News and Events
Covid 19 Secure - We all have a part to play
Posted on 28th July 2020
Hi Guys, we can’t wait to see you all again!
In order for us to open up again and to ensure everyone is safe we all have a part to play.
Some of the things we’ve done include;
- Followed government guidelines to make the facility Covid 19 secure for our staff and members.
- Completed a full Covid 19 risk assessment.
- Introduced a new online booking system.
- Increased the staff cleaning and sanitisation schedule.
- Installed additional sanitisation stations for members to use.
- Re-positioned the gym equipment.
- Implemented social distancing measures including, floor markings, zonal systems, posters and foot traffic systems.
- Installed multiple hand sanitiser dispensers.
- Installed foot-pulls and electronic door retainers on the doors and wedged doors open where possible to reduce touch points.
- Posted information regarding revised ways to play.
- Disabled hand drier and installed paper towel dispensers.
- Replaced all bins with touch free pedal bins.
What we need you to do
- Before EVERY visit to the Club, you need to self-assess and ask yourself the following 3 questions;
- Have you, in the last 14 days, been in an area identified by the UK Government as a Coronavirus risk?
- Is there a suspected case of Coronavirus in your family or immediate social circle?
- Do you have cold or flu-like symptoms?
If the answer if YES to ANY of the above questions, please do not come to the Club.
- Book in advance online (we are unable to allow entry to anyone who hasn’t pre-booked).
- Sanitise your hands up-on each entry to the Club and ensure that you wash/ sanitise your hands regularly.
- Follow social distancing rules.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, do so into a tissue and then dispose of this in a bin. If you do not have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- You MUST clean equipment BEFORE and AFTER use.
- Arrive at the facility in sports kit and travel home to change/shower.
- Don’t arrive too early (5 mins maximum) for your booked slot to ensure the number of people onsite are reduced. If you do arrive early, please wait in your car.
- Avoid use of shared objects e.g. towels, robes, balls, weights, rackets, balls, scoring equipment, sports clothing unless they can be cleaned or sanitised between users. Where any equipment has been shared, it MUST be sanitised before and after use by the user.
- Water fountain - Face-to-tap drinking (no receptacle) is prohibited. These facilities are used only to refill personal bottles or containers. Please sanitise the tap BEFORE & AFTER use.
- Playing Sport: If social distancing cannot be guaranteed when playing sports, the normal game of should not be played by players from different households (except those from a support bubble). A clear set of recommendations for permitted sports and for ways to play which provide options for getting players safely back whilst maintaining social distancing is available within the Club and on social media. This content is subject to change as the situation evolves.
- Respect your time slot (start and finish on time)
- Enjoy your session! It’s great to have you back!
- No guests allowed in the gym
- No spectators will be allowed
- Guests are only permitted for Squash and Badminton and must be accompanied by a member
- Guest Fee – please ensure that you bring the correct change (£1). We will not be able to issue change. If guests do not have the correct payment, we will be unable to allow entry.
We look forward to seeing you all again soon and welcome back, from the Team at the MAC!